multifilesrc & splitfilesrc difference

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 03:54:40 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 03:43 -0800, Paddy wrote:

> I'm basically trying to play a contiguous set of files as if there were just
> one file - so if there's a break then it appears as a separate file.
>
> It's moot as it's looking like I'll have to use a filesrc & trap the EOS &
> load the next file as quickly as possible so it appears seamless.

If you use playbin2 (or playbin in 1.0), you can hook up to the
"about-to-finish" signal and set the next URI/file in the callback, then
playbin will preroll the next file before the old one has started
playing, and will play them seamlessly.

I'm not sure if that worked well for videos in 0.10 though, I *think* it
works fine in 1.0 now (but haven't tried it).

Alternatively, you might be able to do something with
gst-editing-services (ges) and/or gnonlin.

 Cheers
  -Tim