Dynamic pipeline, "non-strictly-monotonic PTS" warning with x264enc after switching source

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Jun 13 20:01:49 PDT 2013

Le lundi 26 novembre 2012 à 14:15 -0800, popo2 popo2 a écrit :
> Do I have to transfer some timing information, or how else can I fix
> this issue?

First you need to keep track of how long you play each track. This
duration will be accumulated as long as you don't seek your pipeline
(and will be initially 0). Then, when you switch you source, you need to
add that duration to segment.base (can be done through a probe), as the
new segment sent by the new source will most likely restart as zero.
That will ensure that even if the new timestamp restart at let's say 0,
they will be interpreted as continuous.

Nicolas