Failed to deactivate pad myplugin0:sink, very bad

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Jun 21 08:04:40 PDT 2013

Le vendredi 21 juin 2013 à 02:37 -0700, JasonP a écrit :

> When I run my plugin through gst-launch-1.0 I am seeing following error. What
> could be the possible issue.?? Thanks in advance.
>

> (gst-launch-1.0:7119): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: Failed to deactivate pad
> myplugin0:sink, very bad
> Freeing pipeline ...
>
> (gst-launch-1.0:7119): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
> Trying to dispose element rsencaac0, but it is in PAUSED instead of the NULL
> state.
> You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
> dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.
> This problem may also be caused by a refcounting bug in the
> application or some element.

The second critical is clearly caused by the first one. Because of the
name "myplugin" I understand you have your own plugin, I'd set
G_DEBUG=fatal_criticals environment, and run that pipeline using gdb
--args gst-launch-1.0 ... This will change the warning into a breakpoint
where the critical is triggered, that shall lead you to the source of
your bug.

Nicolas