Request for changes/additions to rtsp plugin

William Jordan wjordan129 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 09:38:40 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've been using the rtsp plugin to develop an application and I've seen
some deficiencies in the library, in my opinion.

There should be a function to convert a rtsp message to a string and parse
a rtsp message from a string.
The rtsp headers and other message information should be stored in the
GstRTSPMessage structure.  Too much information about the message is hidden
away in the library and can only be accessed through the provided functions.
There doesn't seem to be a function to generate a digest authentication in
gst/rtsp/gstrtspmessage.h.  It may be a good idea to have a function to
resend a message with authentication information when receiving a 401 or
407 response from a RTSP server.

Regards,
Bill Jordan