Is there an rtpdepaybin Element or Similar Functionality?

johnwesting john.blank.westing at gmail.com
Wed May 1 10:27:00 PDT 2013

I want to run a pipeline where the RTP depayloader element is selected
automatically depending on the sink pad's capabilities of the next
downstream element after the depayloader. Ex:

gst-launch  ! a2dpsrc ! rtpdepaybin ! capsfilter ! decodebin ! alsasink

Where rtpdepaybin can be 1 of 3 elements, and a2dpsrc will set the caps of
the capsfilter after negotiating capabilities with a remote device.

Is there a way to do this automatically using gst-launch, or will I have to
write a new element? Is it even possible with a element?