raw mpeg to mjpeg transcoding using the gstreamer plugin

Kalkere, Giridhara(IE10) Giridhara.Kalkere at Honeywell.com
Thu May 2 10:34:27 PDT 2013

Hello,

Greetings....! This is my first post to the mailing list.

I am working on a multimedia project where I wanted to convert the raw mpeg4 stream into mjpeg images.

I have little knowledge on the gstreamer framework with that I have formed a pipeline.

Little background.
I have IP camera which I have recorded in the raw mpeg format.
For some reason I want to convert them into bunch of images. (if I have recorded for 1 min @10FPS  = 600 jpeg images)

To begin with I took raw mpeg4 file of 1 second duration which is recored @1FPS (to generate 1 jpeg image)
The following pipelines I have used. Could able to generate images but its corrupted. Attached images for your reference.

1.       gst-launch filesrc location="/mnt/sd/365.m4v" ! decodebin ! ffenc_mjpeg ! filesink location="/mnt/sd/1.jpeg"

2.       This 9.jpeg is the one which I got when I tried using the 1min mp4 file. This is better than the pervious.

gst-launch filesrc location="/mnt/sd/videofile0.mp4" ! decodebin ! ffenc_mjpeg ! filesink location="/mnt/sd/9.jpeg"

I am sure some thing is not correct in the pipeline.
Please help me to accomplish.

Thanks and Regards,
Giri