raw mpeg to mjpeg transcoding using the gstreamer plugin

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu May 2 11:11:50 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 17:34 +0000, Kalkere, Giridhara(IE10) wrote:

Hi,

> I am working on a multimedia project where I wanted to convert the raw
> mpeg4 stream into mjpeg images.
> I have IP camera which I have recorded in the raw mpeg format.
>
> For some reason I want to convert them into bunch of images. (if I
> have recorded for 1 min @10FPS  = 600 jpeg images)
>
> To begin with I took raw mpeg4 file of 1 second duration which is
> recored @1FPS (to generate 1 jpeg image)
>
> The following pipelines I have used. Could able to generate images but
> its corrupted. Attached images for your reference.
>
> 1.      gst-launch filesrc location="/mnt/sd/365.m4v" ! decodebin !
> ffenc_mjpeg ! filesink location="/mnt/sd/1.jpeg"

Try:

 gst-launch-0.10 uridecodebin uri=file:///path/to/videofile0.mp4 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! jpegenc ! multifilesink location=image-%05d.jpg

or

 gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///path/to/videofile0.mp4 !
videoconvert ! jpegenc ! multifilesink location=image-%05d.jpg

(You wanted the jpg images separately, right?)

Cheers
 -Tim