Getting Firewire webcam feed [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

alet at librelogiciel.com alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed May 22 17:54:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 09:54:27AM +0930, Doran, Mitchell (Student) wrote:

> Thanks for the replies, I am currently working my way through the
> documentation. My current goal is to take the dv1394src and simply have
> it display on the screen so that I can confirm my devices are working
> correctly. My end goal is to take this input, feed it through particular
> pipelines and have it sink out in a form that my OpenFrameworks OpenCV
> project can read the camera input.
>
> With my limited knowledge I am attempting to do something like
> dv1394src ! dvdemux ! dvdec ! xvimagesink
> My thoughts are, I want to take the input source, split the audio and
> video (where does the audio go in this case?), then decode the video so
> that my xvimagesink can display it.
>
> But so far no success. I will continue reading through the documentation

If you are using dv1394src then I suggest you give a look at Boxtream
and Grabslides (both currently hosted at
http://depot.univ-nc.nc/sources/) which make heavy use of this source
plugin to produce things like http://tv.univ-nc.nc/conferences/ and http://tv.univ-nc.nc/cours/

Boxtream also has a neat GUI to test your own pipelines.

hth

--
Jerome Alet