Problem with audio playback using pulsesink

piorossi piorossi at op.pl
Wed May 22 02:08:17 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am executing following command to playback MPEG-2 TS:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/SD_file2.ts ! tsdemux name=demuxer
demuxer.! queue2 ! mpeg2dec ! queue2 ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
autovideosink demuxer.! queue2 ! mpegaudioparse ! mad ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! pulsesink

...and there is no audio. I think it can be related to following warning:
0:00:00.554914942 28648 0xaee01380 WARN                   pulse
pulsesink.c:653:gst_pulsering_stream_overflow_cb:<pulsesink0> Got overflow

What is more - when I add wavenc and wavparse before pulsesink - audio is
played back and there is no overflow warning:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/shared/SD_file2.ts ! tsdemux name=demuxer
demuxer.! queue2 ! mpeg2dec ! queue2 ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
autovideosink demuxer.! queue2 ! mpegaudioparse ! mad ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! wavenc ! wavparse ! pulsesink

I tried to change audio formats and rates, but without success. I've even
used filesink instread of pulsesink and compared outputs of these 2 commands
byte by byte using cmp and files are identical.

I am using newest gst-plugins.

Is there something I am missing? Or something I am doing wrong?

Please help me. Thanks.