Subtitle display

Brendan Long self at brendanlong.com
Mon Nov 4 07:47:21 PST 2013

On 11/04/2013 03:24 AM, Sky Qt wrote:
> I need to reduce the lines spacing in the subtitle display. I have
> tried to look into the gstreamer api but could not locate any such
> api. Apparently VLC provides such control. Can anyone help find the
> api or point me to any resource that will help me?
gst-inspect-1.0 subtitleoverlay shows:

>   font-desc           : Pango font description of font to be used for
> subtitle rendering
>                         flags: readable, writable
>                         String. Default: null
A search for "pango font description" gives this documentation
<https://developer.gnome.org/pango/stable/pango-Fonts.html>, but
unfortunately that only seems to control the font family, size, and type.

A search for "pango line spacing" gives the documentation for Pango
Layouts
<https://developer.gnome.org/pango/stable/pango-Layout-Objects.html#PangoLayout-struct>,
which seems to be what you want. We could presumably add this to
GStreamer, but it would be a bit more complicated since there's no
*_from_string function.

Note: I think the actual element of interest is "textrender" or
'textoverlay" in gst-plugins-base/ext/pango.