Realtime capture and streaming of a 4K HTML5 Session under Linux?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 12:49:14 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Adrian Pardini <listas at tangopardo.com.ar>wrote:

> Hi Stirling,
>
> we are using WebVfx which can be useful to you but uses mlt instead of
> GStreamer. Part of our pipeline uses GStreamer and I'm about to start
> (currently researching and reading code) either an shm bridge between
> melt and GStreamer or an element that wraps webvfx so it can be used
> from gstreamer. Perhaps we can join efforts.
>
> Your project sound interesting, but I'm afraid my boss has already made
the decision that we'll be working on a QT5 browser element for GStreamer.
Whether we'll be going WebKit or Blink is still somewhat up in the air, but
it all depends on which of them is easier to get to write to GStreamer
buffers.

Any hints anyone here might have on how to do that would be appreciated.
I'm quite unfamiliar with QT, and although we do have some QT folks at our
shop, they mostly do front end stuff like widgets and display windows. They
haven't really dug into swapping out back-ends.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.