Realtime capture and streaming of a 4K HTML5 Session under Linux?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Nov 4 13:12:16 PST 2013

On Mo, 2013-11-04 at 15:49 -0500, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Adrian Pardini <listas at tangopardo.com.ar>wrote:
>

> > Hi Stirling,
> >
> > we are using WebVfx which can be useful to you but uses mlt instead of
> > GStreamer. Part of our pipeline uses GStreamer and I'm about to start
> > (currently researching and reading code) either an shm bridge between
> > melt and GStreamer or an element that wraps webvfx so it can be used
> > from gstreamer. Perhaps we can join efforts.
> >
> > Your project sound interesting, but I'm afraid my boss has already made
> the decision that we'll be working on a QT5 browser element for GStreamer.
> Whether we'll be going WebKit or Blink is still somewhat up in the air, but
> it all depends on which of them is easier to get to write to GStreamer
> buffers.
>
> Any hints anyone here might have on how to do that would be appreciated.
> I'm quite unfamiliar with QT, and although we do have some QT folks at our
> shop, they mostly do front end stuff like widgets and display windows. They
> haven't really dug into swapping out back-ends.

Take a look here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/cutycapt/code/HEAD/tree/CutyCapt/CutyCapt.cpp

This renders a website to various image files, but the same works also
for rendering to raw memory or GL. The CutyCapt::saveSnapshot() function
is the interesting one. QPainter can be used to render to various
different things, including QImage which would be a raw image in memory.

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com