LTTng tracing

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Tue Nov 19 07:42:47 PST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, 2013-11-19 at 09:22 +0000, Ikaheimonen, JP wrote:
> I would be interested in seeing LTTng UST tracing in the GStreamer
> code.

Someone has already done it:
https://github.com/alexander-barabash/gstreamer-lttng/commits/0.10

That said, I think we'd like something more generic. Someone (I think it
was Stefan Sauer) recently proposed some cross-platform tracing
infrastructure (purely user-space and GStreamer specific). We discussed
having some way to re-use the same tracepoints with the different
frameworks (lttng, dtrace, custom, etc). But I can't references to that
discussion.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com