Non deterministic CPU load for decoding on ARM

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Aug 8 05:37:06 PDT 2014

Le vendredi 08 août 2014 à 11:32 +0200, Peter Maersk-Moller a écrit :
> gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=$file ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! queue ! avdec_h264 ! queue ! fakesink sync=true

CPU load won't be constant with avdec software decoding. If you need to
smooth this a little, I would recommend to use the HW decoder (device
number may differ depending on your kernel, some cherry pick of upstream
kernel fix might be needed, even though Hardkernel should have most of
these already, gstreamer 1.4 is needed):

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=$file ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! queue ! v4l2video8dec ! v4l2video10convert ! queue ! fakesink sync=true

cheers,
Nicolas