vp8 encoding from windows desktop

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Feb 8 11:13:56 PST 2014

On Fr, 2014-02-07 at 13:29 +0100, Sergio Andrés Basurco Mancisidor
wrote:
> Hi I'm on Windows trying to stream my screen to webm. I'm using this for
> testing my encoding:
>
> $ gst-launch-1.0.exe dx9screencapsrc x=0 y=0 width=800 height=600 !
> video/x-raw,framerate=25/1 ! videoconvert ! queue ! vp8enc end-usage=vbr
> target-bitrate=512000 buffer-size=10000 buffer-initial-size=6000
> buffer-optimal-size=8000 keyframe-mode=1 keyframe-max-dist=1
> max-intra-bitrate=1 ! webmmux streamable=true ! filesink
> location="c:/myself/file.webm"
>
> I'm getting a very noisy result. Maybe it is because I'm writing to disk.
> But I'm quite certain I'm doing something wrong. What I want is to have the
> most balanced quality/speed ratio..
> [...]

What do you mean with noisy? Can you upload such a video stream or
describe it more detailed?

Also try to find the culprit in your pipeline by creating a minimal
pipeline that reproduces the problem. For example check if
dx9screencapsrc is outputting good video (output to d3dvideosink for
example). Or check if a different input passed to vp8enc is broken in a
similar way.

Expertise, Straight from the Source