[decklinksrc] How to add 4k support

Arjen Veenhuizen arjen.veenhuizen at tno.nl
Tue Feb 25 22:40:01 PST 2014

So we got a Blackmagic 4k camera [1] with an accompanying Blackmagic Decklink
4k Extreme capture card [2]. The blackmagic drivers are properly installed
and everything is working OK with bmdcapture and ffmpeg.

Unfortunately, decklinksrc seems to only support up till mode 18 (three
variants of 4k are registered as mode 20, 21, 22 in the decklink drivers).
How can I add 4k support to decklinksrc? Is it straightforward or does it
require a lot of modifications? Any pointers? I'll be happy to contribute my
modifications once I got things running.

Thx!

[1] http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicproductioncamera4k
[2] http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/models/