overrun event notification from push source elements

Yogesh Tyagi yogesh.bit2006 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 03:29:44 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am using udpsrc element to test udp streaming with my plugin. I was
trying to implement overun handling/clock adjustment into my plugin. For
this I register overrun events on demux's audio and video filters which
notify overrun event whenever audio/video filter becomes full.

But is seems that sometimes my demux filters is notifying the false overrun
event. demux's video filter becomes full due to some other problem and it
notifies the overrun event.

So I wanted to change this implementation. Is it possible to get overrun
event notification from udpsrc( or souphttpsrc)? Does udpsrc drops data if
data is not consumed by the pipeline at the rate it is being received by
udpsrc? I enabled debug logs for udpsrc but I got no message indicating
buffer drop by udpsrc.

Thanks,
Yogesh