1.4 GStreamer and the Black Sheep GL plugins

Lasse Laursen lasse at lasselaursen.com
Tue Jul 29 05:32:17 PDT 2014

Dear other Gstreamer devels,

First of all - congrats on making a 1.4.0 release. I much appreciate all
the hard work you chaps and chapettes are putting into this fine SDK!
I'm putting GStreamer to work in my project for the past year, and I
hope to really ramp up its work load in the coming weeks.

Now - I know it's not really polite conversation to refer to the
black-sheep bad plugins, but since I'm not really whining and moaning
about quality I thought it might still be ok... If I've understood
things correctly, there is a real glimagesink available which should
work in some shape or form, ready for me to pipe the result of a
gstreamer pipeline directly into a part of an OpenGL window, correct?

Even if the answer is yes - would there be any other proper/concievable
way of doing this without the use of a generic appsink that then just
manually copies the data into an OpenGL texture?

I looked deeper into this half a year ago, and thought I remembered
seeing some tutorials about letting Gstreamer own a small portion in a
windows windo, and letting it do its thing, but I've not been able to
come up with anything while I searched today. Is it even possible to to
pipe gStreamers output directly into a window it does not itself create,
without the use of an appsink or the likes?

Regards,
Lasse

--
Lasse Farnung Laursen