input selector issues

Thomas Green TGreen2 at Sorenson.com
Thu May 8 10:09:49 PDT 2014

Sebastian,

This has been quite involved.  At first I didn't have the selector's pads set to "always-ok".  That didn’t seem to change that much.  I changed the element from "imagefreeze" to just "freeze".  When it was "imagefreeze" I would see frames arrive and the input selector drop the frames from the inactive pad with the message that it was unlinked.  When I changed the active pad I no longer received the frames from the imagefreeze element, but continued to receive frames from the appsrc element, which were dropped with the message that the pad wasn't linked.  I would then change the active bad back, and wouldn't get any frames any further from either input sink.  When I changed to using just the "freeze" element, I no longer receive any frames from the freeze element.  But switching back and forth from the appsrc element works well.  It behaves the same way whether or not I have the "always-ok" property set.

It would be helpful if there were a way to set debugging on for just that pipeline (there are others, and there is much to filter through).  Perhaps a suggestion for the future?

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: gstreamer-devel [mailto:gstreamer-devel-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Sebastian Dröge
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 1:47 PM
To: Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer
Subject: Re: input selector issues

On Mo, 2014-04-28 at 23:19 +0000, Thomas Green wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find attached the ".dot" file describing a pipeline that I have constructed.  This dot file was dumped when the pipeline was in a playing state.  If I initially set the input selector active-pad to either of the inputs  it will display the appropriate output.  However when I attempt to change the active-pad of the input selector, I no longer receive any output to the display.  And if I change it back, I don't get the original stream back either.  Is there something to the input-selector that I'm missing?

If you look at the GStreamer debug logs you should be able to see why the sources stop when they're currently not used.

Are you setting the "always-ok" property on the input-selector pads? Can you see in the logs if the input-selector sinkpads actually get data for the de-selected streams? Do you get any warning or error messages on your pipeline?

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com Expertise, Straight from the Source