How to forward muxed video-audio to tcp sink

Bart Koppe bk at a-bort.org
Sun May 11 06:41:46 PDT 2014

Would there be a reason to choose matroskamux or webmux above mpegtsmux?

My audio dropping presumably had to do with the framerate (I used 30). Now
I set it to 15/1 and now i see the video stop a few mini-seconds every
second or so..

How can I smooth this out?

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 8:02 AM, Sebastian Dröge
<sebastian at centricular.com>wrote:

> On Fr, 2014-05-09 at 15:52 +0200, Dušan Poizl wrote:
> > matroska is not suitable for streaming. it is intended that you can seek
> > in file when you open it. much better option is using RTP or MPEG-TS. so
> > try replace matroskamux/demux with mpegtsmux and tsdemux.
>
> matroskamux (or webmmux) works just fine for streaming if you set the
> streamable property on it to TRUE. Also see:
> https://coaxion.net/blog/2013/10/streaming-gstreamer-pipelines-via-http/
>
> This does not use tcpserversink but works basically the same (and uses
> the base class of tcpserversink directly).
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com
> Expertise, Straight from the Source

Bart Koppe