How to forward muxed video-audio to tcp sink

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon May 19 00:27:07 PDT 2014

On So, 2014-05-11 at 15:41 +0200, Bart Koppe wrote:
> Would there be a reason to choose matroskamux or webmux above mpegtsmux?

Well, Matroska supports many more codecs but is not that well suited for
streaming. In the end both should be fine for your use case, assuming
that all the clients can handle them.

> My audio dropping presumably had to do with the framerate (I used 30). Now
> I set it to 15/1 and now i see the video stop a few mini-seconds every
> second or so..
>
> How can I smooth this out?

You could try if videorate could make your stream more happy (in front
of the encoder).

Expertise, Straight from the Source