GStreamer-sdk build with cerbero requires long time to build

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 09:35:53 PST 2014

> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to build GStreamer-sdk for iOS-universal with cerbero. Its
> taking really long time than I anticipated.
>
> My system configuration is:
> MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
> Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad core
> Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
> Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
> 120 GB Solid State SATA Drive
>
> with this configuration, approximately 10-12 libs get installed per hour.
> Total number of libs going to be installed is 86.
>
> I was wandering if it is normal to take up that much time?
>
> Moreover, the process doesn't utilize full CPU. Its using between 15% - 30%
> CPU
> Memory pressure is medium as well.
>
> I guess, If the process could use full resources then it might take lesser
> time.

By default cerbero is using only one core to compile, using "make". To
support parallel builds (make -jX) and make use of all the cores in your
system you can add the following line to your cerbero.cbc config:
allow_parallel_build = True

Note the the iOS universal config is building the whole SDK for 5 different
architectures, so it's going to take time to build 86x5 projects :)

Andoni

> Thank you.
>

> --

Andoni Morales Alastruey