Error while using hardware decoder [ vtdec ] in iOS8.

sithruk sana get2jils at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 06:12:14 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I have  build GStreamer for ios8 with the help of cerbero.
I am building the Xcode project from  gstreamer-sdk-tutorials,  and testing
the RTP Streaming from external device.  My  intention is to use Hardware
Decoder for h264 frames.

1)

I have used the below pipeline :

udpsrc port=5000 ! application/x-rtp, clock-rate=90000,
encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=96  ! rtph264depay ! vtdec !
autovideosink sync=true

Building the pipeline for above is successful, but received the below error
.

"Error received from element vtdec0: GStreamer encountered a general
resource error.

[ error_cb functions prints the above error log ].

2)

  pipeline = gst_parse_launch("udpsrc port=5000 ! application/x-rtp,
clock-rate=90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=96  ! rtph264depay !
decodebin! autovideosink sync=true ", &error);

Not, it is playing, but how can i confirm decodebin uses Hardware decoder ?

Thanks.