Error while using hardware decoder [ vtdec ] in iOS8.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Sat Oct 25 06:42:38 PDT 2014

Le 2014-10-25 09:12, sithruk sana a écrit :

> 1)
>
> I have used the below pipeline :
>
> udpsrc port=5000 ! application/x-rtp, clock-rate=90000,
> encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=96  ! rtph264depay ! vtdec !
> autovideosink sync=true
>

> Building the pipeline for above is successful, but received the below
> error .
>

> "Error received from element vtdec0: GStreamer encountered a general
> resource error.
>
> [ error_cb functions prints the above error log ].

This error isn't very descriptive sadly. Are you aware you can get more
traces using GST_DEBUG environment ? (GST_DEBG=3 would be warning level,
GST_DEBUG="vtenc:6,3" should ebable vtenc trace at level 6 and warning
overall, and so on).

My far guess (I have low confidence in that one though) would be that
h264 format might be a miss-match. This can be quickly checked by trying
... ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! vtdec ! ...

> 2)
>
> pipeline= gst_parse_launch("udpsrc port=5000 ! application/x-rtp,
> clock-rate=90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=96  !
> rtph264depay ! decodebin! autovideosink sync=true ", &error);
>
> Not, it is playing, but how can i confirm decodebin uses Hardware
> decoder ?

You can most likely produce traces and inspect the traces. If using
gst-launch-1.0 method, you could add -v option, that would trace any
caps changes, hence as the side effect of showing elements being used.
You could also produce a dump (in graphviz) format of you running
pipeline at the point you reach paused of playing state. See macro
GST_DEBUG_BIN_TO_DOT_FILE().

cheers,
Nicolas