GL plugin SDL example

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 01:17:00 PDT 2014

On 30/10/14 05:11, Arnaud Loonstra wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing the new gl plugins of 1.4. The generic example runs fine
> even in Python. Now I'm trying to run the SDL example:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/tests/examples/gl/sdl/sdlshare.c

Basically the sdl examples fail because of
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/tests/examples/gl/sdl/sdlshare.c#n291

That is, SDL uses a different X Display connection to initialize the
OpenGL context.  It is required (at least on intel) that the X Display
connections for SDL and gstgl be the same for GL context sharing to
occur.  If they aren't and the program references an object in another
GL context that's not shared, you will get the error:

intel_do_flush_locked failed: No such file or directory

Now, it just so happens that the information is available and the
example was doing the wrong thing :).  That following commit fixes the
error and displays the triangle and textured rectangle correctly on intel.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/commit/?h=1.4&id=8d41da18848ff4f56af283496179106e163bcba8

It still needs more work to avoid displaying the black screen on my
nvidia card though.

Cheers
-Matt