GL plugin SDL example

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Thu Oct 30 02:05:46 PDT 2014

On 10/30/2014 08:59 AM, Julien Isorce wrote:
> According to the FIXME it seems there is a problem with this example on
> Intel gpu. Indeed it requires to use the same display in both the 2 gl
> contexts (sdl, gst) to make them share the textures.
> There is probably an other way than sdl_info.info.x11.display. You need
> to retrieve the display used by sdl to create the sdl gl context.
>
> The fact that it remains black on nvidia gpu can be due to several
> reasons. You should check if sdl context is egl or glx. You should check
> that sdl_gl_context is valid. The example here assumes that sdl is
>   glx+opengl. It could be egl+gles2... Then you should adjust
> gst_gl_context_new_wrapped
> according to it.
>
> Also it should match the gst gl "setup" you selected, using
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/commit/gst-libs/gst/gl?id=707cb5800490a654e16ca683e104c1fb9ea3eb87
>
> A log with GST_DEBUG would help.
>
> What are you trying to achieve ? You have quite a nice infrastructure!
> The example is quite old and should be re-written not using fakesink
> (and this custom queue mecanism :) ) but it requires to improve
> glimagesink. I should open a bug about that...
>
> Good Luck!

Thanks for those pointers! I'll try those once I'm at the machines again.

What I'm trying to achieve is to play multiple streams in one gl
context. Basically I'm hoping to 'just' use a stream as a texture
anywhere in gl. This I also hope to achieve on Raspberry. But I'm
starting at regular desktops.

Rg,

Arnaud
--