Can't seek with gnonlin

Ralph ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 02:12:56 PDT 2014

Thibault Saunier-4 wrote
> I am not sure I understand that pipeline : gnlurisource -
> gnlcomposition - videoconvert - d3dvideosink
> The gnlcomposition is a Bin that should contain a gnlurisource, so
> that pipeline does no make much sense.

Yes, of course, gnlurisource is inside gnlcomposition.  As I wrote,
everything was working with GStreamer 0.10, so the pipeline was correct.

Thibault Saunier-4 wrote
> Also yes, there is something new about 1.0 in GNL, you hgave to commit
> the composition each time you make a change in it. Commit is an action
> signal, you should use it with (on the top of my head):
>   g_signal_emit (composition, "commit", &something_commited, NULL);

Is there any documentation describing it?
My order of actions is as follows:
1. create and link all elements
2. add gnlurisource to gnlcomposition
3. set properties of gnlurisource: uri, duration, caps
4. when a video pad is added to gnlcomposition, link it with the rest of the
pipeline
5. seek

When should I emit the "commit" signal and what should be the
"&something_commited" in my case?