Configure gstomxvideodec for v4l2 dec

sudipj sudipj79 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 21:30:00 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am using gst-omx 1.2.0 on STMB2120 platform based on v4l2 decoder.

I am not sure how to configure the output port in gst-omx, as v4l2 sets up
the output format  when the header is injected first while  in
OMX_Executing state.

I don't see a mechanism where it allocate output buffers after the frame
has been injected. The dec loop starts and gets stuck when it tries to
acquire the buffer.

I am hoping a similar mechanism in gst-omx as in gstv4l2videodec in
gstreamer 1.4.0.

Can you pls advise me. For the moment, I am stuck here.

Regards,
Sudip