Looking for cerbero documentation (deps managing issue)

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 02:21:39 PST 2015

> Hi Andoni, thanks for your reply.
>
> In fact, i'm not the author of the foo lib and its configure script. I get
> it as tarball sources. I would like to avoid patching its build scripts.
>
> I'm looking for a way to give libbar.so and bar_lib.h paths to foo lib. It
> is likely libbar.pc and libbar.la file are not found when configuring foo.
>
> The part I don't understand is (in foo) when btype is not set config_sh is
> relevant ./configure --prefix ... but when I set btype to
> BuildType.MAKEFILE
> config_sh is void. Configure script is not called so the compilation fails.
>
> Does that mean I have to set btype to BuildType.MAKEFILE and manually give
> "standard" config_sh/configure_tpl parameters?

Hi Eric,

The build process is separated in 2 processes, the sources (fetching and
extracting the sources) and the build (configuring, compiling and
installing).

The build process is made of 4 steps: configure, compile, install and there
are default impletations for several build system types: makefiles,
autotools and cmake.

BuildType.MAKEFILE is for pure makefile projects bzip2 that don't use
autotools or cmake to generate makefiles only need to call make && make
install, so if foo is an autotools project that needs a configure step, you
can't use this backend. Why are you setting this backend instead of using
the default one which is the autotools one?

It's also quite difficult to debug this issue without knowing exactly what
bar and foo are, so if you could give us more details we will be able to
give you better answers :)

Andoni

> Regards,
>
> Eric