How to autorate images with gstreamer?

Ilya Kulakov kulakov.ilya at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 22:18:55 PDT 2015

Hi,

I feed custom rgb buffers into appsrc. Each of these buffers also carry information about its orientation and I would like the pipeline to fix that.

I know that videoflip 1.4.5 has an auto mode where it promises to determine values automatically. Unfortunately I did not figure out how it works even after taking a look at the source code :(

So I wonder if it works, but if not can I somehow simulate this? E.g. handling each buffer in a probe installed before videoflip's sink and setting it's orientation method from there?

Best Regards,
Ilya Kulakov