How to autorate images with gstreamer?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Sep 10 06:05:13 PDT 2015

Le jeudi 10 septembre 2015 à 01:18 -0400, Ilya Kulakov a écrit :
> I know that videoflip 1.4.5 has an auto mode where it promises to
> determine values automatically. Unfortunately I did not figure out
> how it works even after taking a look at the source code :(

First (which I suppose you know already) is to set the method to
automatic (method 8). The element will then apply a flip according to
the last received orientation tag (see GST_TAG_IMAGE_ORIENTATION).

> So I wonder if it works, but if not can I somehow simulate this? E.g.
> handling each buffer in a probe installed before videoflip's sink and
> setting it's orientation method from there?

Here's a pipeline that actually test this:

gst-launch-1.0 -t videotestsrc ! \
  taginject tags="image-orientation=rotate-90" ! \
  videoflip method=automatic ! autovideosink

cheers,
Nicolas