better fft performance options

John Ludwig jhludwig at surround.io
Fri Sep 18 07:18:26 PDT 2015

i’m developing a gstreamer element which makes extensive use of FFTs on audio signals.  i am CPU bound currently and am dropping a lot of frames, I am wondering if anyone has done any work to look at hardware-based improvements to the gstreamer FFT routines, for instance using Intel’s IPP lib, or using a GPU based implementation.  I didn’t see anything on a  quick scan thru the repo, but I feel like someone must have already done some work in this area.  Appreciate any pointers…thanks

john