Issue with python plugins on imx6

Laurent Eschenauer laurent at eschenauer.be
Fri Sep 18 06:53:13 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I've developed a python based plugin to perform some OpenCv task within
a stream. It works great on my development machine, just including the
plugin in GST_PLUGIN_PATH.

I'm however failing to load the plugin properly when running it on my
iMX6 board. I can't find it using gst-inspect although I'm using the
same version on both systems (0.10.36).

What I've observed is that on my machine, I can see the following line:

0x1035800 DEBUG pyplugin gstpythonplugin.c:211:gst_python_plugin_load:
GST_PLUGIN_PATH set to /home/....

However this line does not appear on my dev board. I don't have any
erros or warnings logged when activating debug.

Any idea on what I may be missing ? Do I need a special compile flag or
python library to 'enable' python plugins ?

Thank you all for helping out !

Best,

Laurent