Link/unlink tee branch from a pipeline

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Sep 23 01:00:42 PDT 2015

On Di, 2015-09-22 at 10:48 -0700, Giacomo D wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
> and thanks for your help because it works very well.
> But now I have another question about this post. I want to add an
> audio branch to my pipeline>
>
> src1 --> tee1 ---> videomixer --> videosink
>             tee1 --> xvideosink1
>             tee1 --> autoaudiosink1
>
> src2 --> tee2 ---> videomixer --> videosink
>             tee2 --> (unlinked)
>             tee2 --> (unlinked)
>
>  After a little bit of time and when an event occurs I want to change
>  the situation to this:
>
>  src1 --> tee1 ---> videomixer --> videosink
>              tee1 --> (unlinked)
>              tee2 --> (unlinked)
>
>  src2 --> tee2 ---> videomixer --> videosink
>              tee2 --> xvideosink1
>              tee2 --> autoaudiosink1
>
> Do I have to add another PROBE on the audio branch and unlink/link in
> another probe_callback method? Or can I unlink/link the audio branch
> in the same probe_callback method of the video PROBE?
> Video and audio are in sink so when I tried one of that solution
> something doesnt work...

You can't even use the same tee for audio and video. It will either
output the video stream, or the audio stream, not both at once.

So you'll have to use a second tee for the audio path of everything,
and then also have the probe use the correct elements, etc for the new
tee. You can reuse the same probe callback, but you need to
parameterize it on where the probe was installed then.