[gst-embedded] gst-launch problem

Tim Müller tim.muller at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 26 01:41:01 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 16:14 +0800, Ravi Karmarkar wrote:

> I have installed GStreamer-0.10.22 to be used with swfdec-0.8.4 for my
> sh4 platform.

Please note the latest version is 0.10.23.

> After installation I tried to run the test
> gst-launch -v fakesrc num_buffers=5 ! fakesink

> and got the error ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "fakesrc".
>
> What is the cause of this error? My libraries are installed in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10 and when I try to grep for fakesrc in this directory, I see that following files contain 'fakesrc'

Hard to say without more information. You could try this:

 $ gst-inspect-0.10 /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcoreelements.so

to see if it's a search path problem or something else.

In the unlikely case that you have not disabled the debugging system,
you could run

 $ GST_DEBUG=*:3 gst-inspect-0.10 fakesrc 2>dbg.log

and see if you spot anything suspicious/wrong.

Cheers
 -Tim