[gst-embedded] gst-launch problem

Ravi Karmarkar karmarkar.ravi at gmail.com
Tue May 26 02:09:40 PDT 2009

Hi,

I tried your suggestion..... gst-inspect-0.10
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcoreelements.so

Following is the output:

Plugin Details:
  Name:            coreelements
  Filename:        /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcoreelements.so
  Version:        0.10.22
  License:        LGPL
  Source module:    gstreamer
  Binary package:    GStreamer source release
  Origin URL:        Unknown package origin

  capsfilter: CapsFilter
  fakesrc: Fake Source
  fakesink: Fake Sink
  fdsrc: Filedescriptor Source
  fdsink: Filedescriptor Sink
  filesrc: File Source
  identity: Identity
  queue: Queue
  filesink: File Sink
  tee: Tee pipe fitting
  typefind: TypeFind
  multiqueue: MultiQueue

  12 features:
  +-- 12 elements

which means that fakesrc is in fact installed? How to specify the correct
search path in that case?

Thanks and regards,
Ravi Karmarkar