gst-omx 1.0 with bellagio or lim?

Lee Du Hui whiterabbit.dhlee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 22:46:53 PDT 2013

Dear Sebastian Dröge

I 'm finished gst-omx-1.0.0 porting on just PC at last weekend
Using this command ,
gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=/home/test.avi avidemux name=d d.video_0
! queue ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! filesink location=/home/test.bin

Acutally, I'm using LIM with gstreamer-0.10.36 + gst-omx-0.10 and I added
some h/w video decoder/renderer components.
This combination is already mass production.

I have some plan for update gstreamer-1.0.6 + gst-omx-1.0.0 + LIM( added
h/w video decoder and render compoents)
but,  If possible, I would like to use the gst-omx-0.10( modified for
gstreamer-1.0) and gstreamer-1.0

Q1.  Can I use gst-omx-1.0.0 for the mass production , at this time (
current status of gst-omx-1.0.0 )?
Q2.  Why newer is using to gstvideodecoder ( old one is using to
gstbasefilter and gstbasesink ) ?, The advantages over gstbasefilter?
Q3.  Can I use gst-omx-0.10( modified for gstreamer-1.0 ) and
gstreamer-1.0? Is there any problem?

Thanks  for your comment.