FDI Specification Update?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Jul 18 10:32:18 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 11:02 -0700, Eric Butler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> David you once mentioned in #freedesktop that you were working on an
> updated spec for the FDI file format, I didn't see any new docs on the
> website or in CVS, any updates with this?

Yeah I've talked about that, but I haven't really worked on updating the
spec (been writing code instead), but I've just updated the doc/TODO
document with the items I'd like to see done before 0.3.0 is ready and
then we can update the hal spec to 0.3.0 [1].

 http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/hal/hal/doc/TODO

Of course, patches to hal-spec/hal-spec.xml is still welcome :-)

> I've got a few ideas of things that I think would be good to include,
> but I would first like to see what you are thinking of.

That sounds interesting; I see no harm in discussing this on this
mailing list right away.

Cheers,
David

[1]: And when that's done I will do a better job of keeping the spec in
sync with the code.