hal and disc type

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sat May 8 07:28:06 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 22:49 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> I've made some screenshots with my DVD burner:
> 	dvd-rw/dvd-ram drive
> 	dvd-rw new
> 	dvd-rw closed
> 	dvd-r new
>
> these are so damn big and I'm too lazy to resize it, so I've put it on
> the webserver:
>   http://vrfy.org/projects/hal/

It's very useful, thanks

Playing with k3b, which is very nice, and my CDRW drive this is what I
think we need to expose:

 volume.disc.type = cdrom|cdr|dvdrom|dvd_r|...
 volume.disc.is_rewriteable = TRUE|FALSE
 volume.disc.is_appendable = TRUE|FALSE
 volume.disc.is_empty = TRUE|FALSE
 volume.disc.has_audio = TRUE|FALSE

Bastien, others, does this make more sense than my earlier proposal?

> Is there any other way to dump all attributes of a device, or do I need
> to ask for every key with hal-get-property?

Yeah, that would be lshal.

Cheers,
David