acpi updates

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 11:37:02 PST 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:58:25 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> That depends on what the ACPI socket tells us; if it just
> tells us "something changed, but I don't know what" we need
> to rescan everything, if it says something more specific
> such as "this file in /proc/acpi changed", "BAT0 charge
> current is now 38432", "BAT0 is now present" we can pinpoint
> what objects to modify / invoke the Rescan() method on.

ac_adapter ADP1 00000080 00000000
 means ac_adaptor 1 just disconnected

processor CPU0 00000080 00000000
 means I *may have* changed my throttling

ac_adapter ADP1 00000080 00000001
 means ac_adaptor 1 just connected

battery BAT1 00000080 00000001
 means battery value *may have* changed

the UDI can be easily created "../battery_BAT1", and just that object
changed.. no?

> No, that code uses the internal hald API to avoid the IPC
> roundtrips. Addons/probers right now talk to hald through
> the system bus [1], but I'm going to make hald listen on a
> private socket as well (I'm already doing that for the
> regression tests I've just added) to reduce this to one
> IPC roundtrip, e.g. hald-probe-input/hald-acpi-addon <->
> hald.

Okay, sure. One addon for power management, or one addon for acpi, one for
pmu, etc..?

Thinking aloud, would a HAL wiki be a good idea?

Richard
--

http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY