Creative MP3+

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Feb 8 17:04:32 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 23:57 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Note my intel8x0 doesn't have anything dramatic under HAL either. Should
> HAL support soundcards,

Yeah, we should support the ALSA devices in hal (though I'm not sure how
much value it adds, managing sound is much more difficult than just
discovering ALSA devices).

It's shouldn't be too difficult to add I think, just add a
ClassDevHandler for "sound" in hald/linux2/classdev.c. You also want a
prober to determine if it's really an ALSA device; look at how "input"
is handled.

Cheers,
David