[patch] Port to DBUS 0.30

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 16:08:28 PST 2005

Here is the port to dbus-0.30.  It passes all the test cases but
requires a patch to dbus.  Attached is the dbus patch for testing only.
I think the fix is a bit deeper so I want to discuss it on the dbus list
before committing.  I didn't include the ChangeLog in the patch so here
it is:

2005-02-09  John (J5) Palmieri  <johnp at redhat.com>

	* hald/device.c, hald/device_info.c, hald/property.c, hald/property.h,
	tools/hal_set_property.c, tools/hal_get_property.c:
	s/HAL_PROPERTY_TYPE_NIL/HAL_PROPERTY_TYPE_INVALID

	* hald/hald_dbus.c: ported to new dbus-0.30 API
	(foreach_property_append): implemented real string lists
	and got rid of the \tval\tval\tval\t hack

	* libhal/libhal.c: ported to new dbus-0.30 API
	s/HAL_PROPERTY_TYPE_NIL/HAL_PROPERTY_TYPE_INVALID
	(libhal_get_string_array_from_iter): new helper function to create
	string arrays from dbus arrays
	(libhal_property_fill_value_from_variant): new helper function
	that fills in properties from variants.  Used when getting
	a hash of properties from hald

	* libhal/libhal.h: s/HAL_PROPERTY_TYPE_NIL/HAL_PROPERTY_TYPE_INVALID
	HAL_PROPERTY_TYPE_INVALID = DBUS_TYPE_INVALID

	* hald/hald_test_libhal.c: ported to new dbus-0.30 API
	Added success messages and more detailed failed messages

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer