[patch] Port to DBUS 0.30

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Sat Feb 19 13:20:10 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 15:44, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:27:50 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > Slightly off topic, however, if people are running Fedora Rawhide, you
> > can pull D-BUS 0.30.cvs20050211 RPMS from here
> >  http://people.redhat.com/johnp/redhat/experimental/utopia/SRPMS/
> >  http://people.redhat.com/johnp/redhat/experimental/utopia/i386/
>
> When are all of these being pushed to rawhide? I can't test HAL at the
> moment, and when I try these rpms I get lots of failed dependencies, and
> thus can't install.
>
> I was of the understanding that D-BUS 0.30 would be in FC4, so needs to be
> pulled in at some stage anyway.
>
> Richard.

You would have to force install.  I am in the middle of porting apps
that depend on D-BUS and HAL to the respective versions.  The snapshots
above are provided for the task of porting and will screw with apps that
have not been ported yet.  We are shooting to get them all into Rawhide
a short time after test 1 comes out.  Unfortunately the task could not
be completed by the test 1 freeze.

--
J5