heads up for changes

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Feb 22 20:37:43 PST 2005

Hi,

I think it was earlier discussed how to handle the various uses of
device information files (information vs. system-policy vs. user-policy)
- this is one thing I said I would change later on; some of the changes
are outlined in this file I've just committed

 http://cvs.freedesktop.org/*checkout*/hal/hal/fdi/README?rev=1.1

So, these are the changes I'm going to make

 - move all code and .fdi files to this new directory structure

 - pick up all the .fdi files hanging on the mailing list (e.g. cameras
   and gphoto2 stuff, pda stuff)

 - rework the storage.policy and volume.policy properties such that
   - we don't need the properties on the root computer object;
     - just merge them directly every time
   - utilize strlist for mount options instead of the booleans used now
   - fixup libhal-storage to use the new layout (should work without API
     changes)

 - In general move all distro-specific things out of the picture
   - (yes, I know this means I have to maintain my own patch sets in
      Fedora for things such as the vfat mount option iocharset=utf8)

Pretty minor changes overall but useful to know if you have scripts
depending on the current structure. So, I thought I would send this to
this as a heads up.

Cheers,
David