heads up for changes

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 11:11:16 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:37:43 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

>  - pick up all the .fdi files hanging on the mailing list (e.g. cameras
>    and gphoto2 stuff, pda stuff)

Quality.

>  - rework the storage.policy and volume.policy properties such that
>    - we don't need the properties on the root computer object;
>      - just merge them directly every time
>    - utilize strlist for mount options instead of the booleans used now
>    - fixup libhal-storage to use the new layout (should work without API
>      changes)

Cool.

>  - In general move all distro-specific things out of the picture
>    - (yes, I know this means I have to maintain my own patch sets in
>       Fedora for things such as the vfat mount option iocharset=utf8)

What is patched at the moment? I know debian has a few patches to run as
non-root, and fedora has iocharset - but are there that many? Are you sure
you couldn't just use a --distro=fedora|debian|slackware configure flag
with corresponding ifdefs?

Richard
--

http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY