Ideas. Soundcard suport in HAL

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Sun Feb 27 14:50:32 PST 2005

I've been playing with HAL and soundcards. I've added methods into
classdev.c and want to create a prober too, that picks up the data from
/proc/asound/cardX/pcmXc/info and populates the objects with the new data.
Before I go any further, I would like to ask for comments for the spec:

alsa namespace:
stream=[string]capture|playback|other
 The stream direction of the device.
card=[int]
 Card number in system as registered by ALSA
device=[int]
 Device number assigned by ALSA for the current card
id=[string]
 The ALSA ID used to represent the device.

These are just rough notes, feel free to add remove as you feel.

Richard.

p.s. What was decided about pnp.ids? I have a couple I want to add.

--

http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY