hal doesn't recognize mounting of devices

Schupp Roderich (extern) BenQ MD PD SWP 2 CM MCH Roderich.Schupp.extern at mch.siemens.de
Mon Oct 24 02:23:48 PDT 2005

Kay wrote:

>   UEVENT[1130099844] mount@/block/sdb/sdb1
>   UEVENT[1130099851] umount@/block/sdb/sdb1

I'm seeing the same effect here, hal always report is_mounted = FALSE.
I started hald with --verbose=yes and strace'd it:
the mount@/block/sdb/sdb1 event gets properly delivered,
hald the proceeds to read /proc/mounts, but /dev/sdb1 is _not listed there_.
When I later on look at /proc/mounts, /dev/sdb1 is listed.
Note that this behaviour has also been reported in another post
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2005-October/003518.html
Looks like a race between the kernel reporting
the mount via uevent and actually committing it so that it is visible
in /proc/mounts.

Cheers, Roderich