Sorting out the datatype mess

Martin Pitt martin at piware.de
Mon Sep 26 23:52:45 PDT 2005

Hi!

Richard Hughes [2005-09-26 17:10 +0100]:
> The patch has *lots* of rejects:
>
> Could you resync against the current CVS please? I can go through
> manually if you like - but I'm not sure what rejects are good and which
> are bad...

No need to fool with rejects. The patch was generated using sed,
manually applying it will be more work and also miss new usages of the
datatypes. The patch was for the Ubuntu package of 0.5.3+some patches
and was actually meant as an example, not as a patch which could
readily be applied to cvs head. I just wanted to discuss the issue and
solution first.

Danny Kukawka [2005-09-26 19:13 +0200]:
> I think the patch must be reworked, because this was against 0.5.3. IMO it
> make no sense to update the configure file with the patch. This file is
> always fresh generated for a new package.

Right, but patching configure makes sense for the Ubuntu package.

I will create a new clean patch against hal CVS HEAD, now that there
seems to be an agreement to use the proposed solution.

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?