Hard disk power management

Tue Dec 19 09:39:58 PST 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 17:07 IST, kitts wrote:
> I was just looking out for some tool that would help me profile the power
> consumption so i would know what's taking all that power. If gnome power
> manager does that ill check it out, but i use KDE.

OK. I think gnome power manager was a bad idea on my machine. I ve been
experiences too many random crashes ever since i installed it. In anycase
it still seemed unusable or atleast i dont know how to use it. Does it have
a GUI? it seemed to have it as i would get the usual X messages that i get
with gui apps launched with konsole.

It seemed to be running as a daemon but i dont know how to use it. Removed
it now as my system is good again. Any other app you can sufggest?
--
Cheers!
kitts