hald/linux2/probing/shared.h (drop_privileges)

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 16 14:33:17 PST 2006

> No, helpers need it and they are not part of the hald process. Ideally
> we'd make a small library just for helpers that contains bits like this.
>
> It might be useful to put that in hald/libhaldhelper so e.g. the Solaris
> backend would benefit from it. Artem?

Yeah, at some point we'll need to distill the code that's common among
backends and put it in a library. OTOH, the more code is consolidated,
the more cases of minor differences between unix flavors will come out.

For example, there are several places where we need to find out if a
device is mounted: it would be nice to have a common is_mounted()
interface, but its implementation will be different on different OSes.

Refactoring is good, but will be much easier when the code stabilizes a bit.

-Artem.